When a client gets into difficulty, many questions will arise for their existing professional advisors, including:
- Have the directors got a proper grasp of the situation?
- Is it possible for the company to be rescued? If not, can the business be sorted out and where can they raise the necessary finance?
- In addition, as their Accountants, how can you help make sure the directors act properly in accordance with the law AND protect their own interests?
- pre-insolvency advice
- preparing for formal insolvency proceedings
- post appointment accounts and tax enquiries.
Clarke Bell are specialist Insolvency Practitioners and our focus will mostly be on the company itself. However, we know from many years’ experience just how crucial it can be to work closely with the existing Accountants in three particular areas: