UK Freelance: Interesting Statistics
The UK freelance economy is booming with more and more workers leaving their full-time jobs to work for themselves.
Here are some interesting statistics about UK Freelance economy from the past couple of years.
- According to Recruitment International, 63% of UK employees says they are willing to consider freelancing.
- Signature Works states that the UK freelance economy is worth £119bn per annum.
- Money Supermarket recently posted an interesting article about the best places in the UK to be a freelancer. In it they highlighted the most popular freelance careers.
- Did you know, UK freelancers get more exercise than full-time employees each week? According to Live Force.
- There has been a 66% rise in the number of 26 to 29 year old’s choosing a freelance career in the past decade.
- If the UK freelance economy continues to grow at its current rate, it is expected that 50% of the UK workforce could be self-employed by 2020!
If you’re a freelancer looking for insurance please click here for further details or call one of our award-winning Schemes Team on 0333 321 1403 for advice