Salary from £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
Full-time, permanent (part-time considered)
Location: Manchester (city centre)
We’re a busy firm of Insolvency Practitioners looking for enthusiastic corporate insolvency administrator to join a bright, forward-thinking and dedicated team. Candidates must be hardworking, focused, good team players and able to work to deadlines.
You will support the Insolvency Managers in the administration and progression of a varied corporate case portfolio including liquidations, administrations and CVA’s.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for corporate insolvency cases, reporting to senior managers. Responsibilities include:
- Setting up new cases on IPS, producing all relevant paperwork.
- Prepare routine correspondence and meet statutory filing deadlines.
- Producing and formatting routine reports and client correspondence.
- Deal with notices to Registrar of Companies, court, advertisements and reports to creditors following appointment.
- Set up creditors and debtors on IPS and maintain creditors’ and debtors’ files with up to date control schedules, dealing with creditor queries and disputes.
- Agree routine preferential and non-preferential creditor claims and assist with issuing distributions to creditors.
- Prepare annual and final reports incorporating managers’ comments on case specific issues.
- Take minutes of statutory meetings.
- Complete and submit post-insolvency VAT and corporation tax returns.
- Assist senior members with retention of title claims.
- Control the collection of debts, dealing with routine disputes.
- Preparation of documents for cash-book receipts and payments. Review incoming invoices and arrange payment as necessary.
- Liaison with independent valuers and solicitors.
- Arrange for control and custody of company records.
- Provide assistance to the team when appointed on trading jobs.
- Complete the investigations into a company’s affairs and submit the relevant return to The Insolvency Service.
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Fully paid health scheme, after probationary period
- Membership of company pension
- Family friendly firm
- Previous insolvency administration experience, minimum of 3 years
- CPI qualified
- In a similar insolvency administrator role at the moment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of IPS
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to [email protected]
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Closing date: 30th March 2020