Salary: £18,000.00 /year
We’re a busy firm of Insolvency Practitioners looking for enthusiastic graduates with an Accountancy or Business related degree to join a bright, forward thinking and dedicated team. Candidates must be hardworking, focused and good team players and able to work to deadlines.
You will support the Insolvency Managers in the administration and progression of a varied corporate case portfolio including liquidations, administrations, and CVA’s whilst studying ACCA +/or CPI.
include after appropriate training:
- Setting up new cases on IPS (Corporate insolvency software) and preparing paperwork for new cases
- Compliance with anti-money laundering legislation
- Prepare routine correspondence and meet statutory filing deadlines for MVL’s and CVL’s (members voluntary liquidations and creditors voluntary liquidations)
- Deal with notices to Registrar of Companies, court, advertisements and reports to creditors
- Producing and formatting routine reports and client correspondence, includes responding to telephone enquiries and written requests from clients
- Agree routine preferential and non-preferential creditor claims and assist with issuing distributions to creditors.
- Prepare annual and final meetings and paperwork, incorporating managers’ comments on case specific issues
- Complete and submit post insolvency VAT and corporation tax returns
- Control the collection of debts, dealing with routine disputes, liaison with solicitors
- Preparation of documents for cash-book receipts and payments. Review incoming invoices and arrange payment as necessary
- Arrange for control and custody of company records
- Liaison with independent valuers and solicitors
- Complete the investigations into the company’s affairs and submit the relevant return to The Insolvency Service
- Starting salary £18,000/year reviewed after a 3 month probationary period
- Study package for ACCA +/or CPI including tuition fees, and time off to study
- 20 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Fully paid health scheme after probationary period
- Membership of company pension
- Career progression for the ambitious candidate.
- 2:1 or higher Degree in finance/accounting or similar
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good IT skills
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.