Salary: very competitive, and depending on experience
Location: Manchester (city centre)
Busy, award-winning firm of Insolvency Practitioners is looking for an enthusiastic Junior Accountant, with AAT level 4, to join our friendly and professional team.
The successful candidate must be hardworking, focused, a team player and able to work to deadlines.
You will support the Insolvency Managers in the administration and progression of a varied corporate case portfolio.
Responsibilities, after appropriate training, include:
- Setting up new cases on our Case Management Software
- Preparing case paperwork – including correspondence to meet statutory deadlines
- Dealing with notices to the Registrar of Companies, courts and advertisements
- Producing and formatting routine reports to clients and creditors, including responding to telephone and written enquiries
- Agreeing preferential and non-preferential creditor claims and assisting with distributions to creditors
- Preparing annual reports for members and creditors, incorporating managers’ comments on case specific issues
- Assisting with distributions to members
- Completing and submitting post-insolvency VAT and corporation tax returns
- Controlling the collection of debts, dealing with routine disputes and liaising with solicitors
- Preparing documents for cash-book receipts and payments
- Reviewing incoming invoices and arranging necessary payments
- Preparing routine bank reconciliations
- Arranging for control and custody of company records
- Liaising with independent valuers and solicitors
- Completing investigations into company affairs and submitting relevant reports to The Insolvency Service
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday, plus Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Fully paid health scheme, after 3-month probationary period
- Company pension scheme
- AAT level 4
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good IT skills
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
This is an amazing opportunity to join a friendly, award-winning insolvency practice, with a great opportunity for progression.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.